But there is another option! Water filled cofferdams will protect your property, and the environment around it. When a water filled cofferdam is unrolled around your property and filled with water, the dam’s chambers slowly and evenly inflate, hence, forming a strong, stable cylindrical tube. While the inner tubes continue to fill, the dam unrolls in a controlled manner to create the cofferdam, creating a perfect home flood barrier that will keep your home safe , where sandbags tend to fail. a Dam-It Dams cofferdam can be created to accommodate most any size, and is completely re-usable. Best of all, it leaves little or no environmental impact on the surrounding area.
How do I use a cofferdam as a flood barrier at home?
The cofferdam itself is one of the five parts that comprise a typical Cofferdam System:
- Cofferdam – a flexible yet durable water barrier made of high tech materials
- Water discharge pumps (2) – to draw in on-site water to inflate the cofferdam(s)
- Discharge hoses (2) – to transport water to and from the cofferdam(s)
- Restraining ropes – to assist with the unrolling and positioning of large cofferdam systems
- Connections – to couple together two or more cofferdams
But what about sandbags?
Sandbags are the old standby but have some serious shortcomings, and are not the best solution for your home for a few reasons:
- Innefective for groundwater flooding
- Must be combined with plastic sheeting to be even remotely effective
- Time consuming and difficult to handle
- Incredibly susceptible to leakage and seepage
- Requires two or more people to fill
- Slow setup rate
Read more about the need for sandbag alternatives.
A cofferdam system is a great way to minimize, or in most cases avert altogether, possible damages resulting from a flood in your home. Cofferdams are a cost effective solution to keep water out, and save you thousands in repair costs