Dam-It Dams, Inc
Water Causing You A Problem? Just Add Water!
Dam-It Dams Portable Water Filled Dams
Dam-It Dams is a World Class provider of water-filled cofferdams for numerous types of projects with varying needs. We are an Award-Winning leader of innovative solutions for de-watering a project site and diverting or damming water, which enables a project’s initiation, safety, and completion. We also offer our services for home flood protection, making our dams ideal for the commercial industry and the private sector! With easy-to-use solutions that are environmentally friendly, reusable, portable, and cost-effective, you can’t go wrong with Dam-It Dams!
Reasons to Choose Dam-It Dams, Inc.
Our portable Water Inflated Cofferdams are:
- Adaptable – Our product conforms to virtually every type of landscape and weather condition, making it ideal for countless uses.
- Affordable – Our water-filled dams are reusable, making them more cost conscientious than the alternatives, as well as their predecessors, such as sandbags.
- Durable – Dam-It Dams water inflated cofferdams are made of industrial strength geo-textile materials that can withstand tremendous water pressure, and are puncture resistant.
- Environmentally friendly – We’ve engineered a cofferdam that uses on-site water, not imported earthen fill, which results in less impact being made on the landscape.
- Expandable – Our water inflated cofferdams can be linked as needed to form any length barrier with heights of 1′ to 12′, widths of 2′ to 23′
- Immediately Available – You can contact our company for purchase or rental in cases of emergency, or pre-planned projects.
- Portable – Because of the lightweight material used to create our cofferdams, and the simple usability of the product, it is easy to store in addition to moving from site to site.
- Temporary – Once removed from the work site, there are minimal traces of it’s existence, if any, and there is no structurally aesthetic changes to be seen/tolerated.
Our Cofferdam Technology
A portable cofferdam is any pre-fabricated water barrier that can be transported to and installed at a project site, oftentimes in response to an emergency rising water level situation, like a flood or the need for drier work environments. Cofferdams offer a reliable solution to many water damming or diversion necessities in the construction industry, as well as homes and businesses that need flood protection.
How Our Cofferdams Work
Our water inflated cofferdams use on-site water filled dual inner tubes that allow the dam’s chambers to slowly and evenly inflate, forming a strong, stable cylindrical barrier. As the inner tubes fill and water pressure builds, the dam unrolls in a controlled and steady manner to create the cofferdam and provide an even and gradual build to make it more secure. This method offers a superior barrier as compared to sandbags, which are often ill-equipped to handle large amounts of water or flood walls which create a long-term barrier that alters the aesthetic of a home or business from its original intended appearance.
Environmentally Superior Water Filled Dams (Cofferdams)
Because our inflatable cofferdams work with the environment, they create effective water barriers that leave minimal or even no footprint on the environment. When the project is completed, the dam is then easily drained and rolled up for return, storage, or transport to another project site. They also don’t require the relocation of earthen-fill from another site or location in order to provide the safe and secure environment you and your crew should absolutely expect of a water barrier. In addition, their ability to be re-used, as well as their durability against oftentimes destructive conditions, means they’re less likely to become a burden that sits in a landfill somewhere instead of the handy and necessary tool and companion it’s intended to be.
Do you need a portable and dependable damming solution?
We are always here to assist you and answer any questions you may have. Contact us today for more information and a FreeCofferdam Quote
Recent Blog Posts
- One of the main benefits of using inflatable cofferdams is that they are reusable. This means they are much kinder to the environment than other solutions, such as sandbags. When used for water diversion purposes, sandbags come into contact with water and become contaminated. This means they cannot be re-purposed, as they qualify as a …
- Over the past fifty years, we have all, sadly, become accustomed to seeing the devastating footage of oil spills. Oil and water do not mix, and it will spread out as much as possible when it encounters a large water surface. Did you know that a patch of oil in water can be as thin …
- There are plenty of reasons why inflatable cofferdams are better for the environment than sandbags. For a start, inflatable cofferdams have only the tiniest impact on the local environment when used for water diversion, containment, or flood protection. No matter the application, inflatable cofferdams can easily be removed once used, unlike sandbags which take careful …