When working on or near the bevy of waterways and coastlines along South Carolina, there is no better tool to combat water intrusion than an inflatable water dam from the experts at Dam-It-Dams. But what is a cofferdam, what are the benefits of using one, and which projects benefit the most from having one? For answers to all your questions and more, check out the rest of the article below on how beneficial water dams can be in South Carolina.
What Is An Inflatable Water Dam?
Inflatable water dams, also called aqua barriers or temporary cofferdams, are flexible and versatile tools used to dam up waters ranging in depth from a few inches to 10+ feet. While they cannot be used in deep water operations, most construction projects or personal property flood defense measures can benefit from using an inflatable water dam over traditional “temporary” damming methods. Inflatable water dams create a solid seal, preventing water intrusion, and offer minimal impact on the surrounding environment while maintaining a safe work area or offering flooding protection in flash floods, hurricanes, or heavy snowmelt. Water dams fill with water and channel it inside the inflatable barrier, equally distributing the weight through a series of baffles. They are made of a sturdy geotextile material that is puncture-resistant and safe to operate in all kinds of weather conditions, compounding the versatility of these practical barriers.
The Three Most Important Benefits Of Inflatable Water Dams
While there are a number of benefits to using a water dam, we cannot possibly hope to cover them all here. Therefore, here are the top three most important to consider:
- Eco-Friendly Solutions: While traditional damming methods can harm the environment, leaving behind permanent structures in the way of water flow or leeching out dangerous chemicals, the water dams we offer at Dam-It-Dams are clean and act as the least detrimental. Once an inflatable cofferdam is removed, there is little to no evidence of it being there, and the remnants, usually a shallow impression in the sediment, are swiftly removed by nature.
- Portability And Reusability: Unlike any other dam, inflatable water dams can be used repeatedly at any number of work sites or locations, giving you unmatched flexibility. Moreover, they are versatile too, able to be set up and taken down in just a few hours with a small crew, even in the most extensive tasks.
- Value, Value, Value: When you use a portable water dam, you will likely spend less money than it would take to purchase the materials and hire labor to construct any other damming solution. Additionally, with the time saved and reusability of an inflatable cofferdam, you only have to purchase once for several projects or pay less for a cofferdam rental in one-off situations.
Projects In South Carolina That See Inflatable Water Dam Usage
The following is a short list of the most popular uses for inflatable water dams, but there are likely more:
- Bridge Repair And Construction
- Flooding Control
- Water Storage
- Canal or Culvert Construction
- Pipeline Installation Or Repair
- Boat Ramp Construction
- Dredging Operations
- Pumping Operations In Response To Flooding
- Sewage Treatment Plant Construction
Contact Dam-It-Dams Now To Learn More About Water Dams In South Carolina
Dam-It-Dams is your local source of water dams and provides excellent service nationwide. For more information, you can check out our blog, where we have a vast collection of specific topics, guides, and FAQs available at all times. To receive your free quote and consultation from an expert, you can call us at 810-695-1695 or contact us online.