With just over 12,000 square miles of Florida covered in water, using a cofferdam for construction or farming operations is often necessary. Temporary cofferdams provide an eco-friendly and portable solution for working in wet and turbid areas where permanent dams can otherwise be damaging.
Ecological Factors For Using A Portable Cofferdam in Florida And Why To Use One
Within Florida, there are several protections for wetland areas, restricting dredging and permanent structures. The Environmental Protection Agency has enforced the Clean Water Act since 1972, which states: ‘The Clean Water Act (CWA) establishes the basic structure for regulating discharges of pollutants into the waters of the United States and regulating quality standards for surface waters.’ However, why are these protections needed?
- The protection of wildlife by limiting migration intrusions.
- Groundwater and aquifer maintenance
- Possible erosion protections
- Changes in water flow into populated areas
- Prevent debris from entering otherwise clean water sources
- Quick removal and setup for flexible working conditions
- Molded to fit any situation or specific ecological area/law requirements for damming
A portable cofferdam in Florida can aid in mitigating these ecological factors by draining specific areas and allowing for a cleaner alternative. Concrete and steel barriers can allow water to flow through cracks or damage that you cannot quickly repair and require specialized crews to maintain. However, a portable and temporary cofferdam will act as a barrier without the need for constant maintenance and change the game by being easily replaceable in the event of extreme weather or damage.
What Makes A Portable Cofferdam Different From Other Permanent Water Protection Methods?
The temporary nature of a Florida portable cofferdam protects crews, equipment, and projects before they are ready for contact with the water. The most significant factor for using a portable cofferdam is that it is portable. After an initial purchase, a portable cofferdam from Dam It Dams can be used multiple times over several worksites throughout Florida. Flooding, wetlands, and other factors can require the use of water mitigating equipment. If you are often engaged in such factors, then a watertight portable cofferdam could be the solution.
Be Prepared For Any Emergency with Portable Cofferdams
Florida-based companies must be ready for flooding emergencies and respond after tropical storms or powerful hurricanes. A portable cofferdam can protect flood-prone areas when a permanent dam, levy, or dike fails or as a preventative measure before the storm. Having a portable cofferdam and access to an experienced crew can save lives and prevent further damage in the case of an emergency, protecting your investments.
Find The Highest Quality And Easiest To Use Portable Cofferdams From Dam It Dams
Dam It Dams is the best in the business when it comes to portable cofferdams in Florida and across the entire country. Some of what separates our company from the competition include:
- Experienced consultants with decades of experience ready to provide customized service depending upon your projects.
- Unsurpassed durability in our products.
- Extendable connection collars to expand dam length to fit any project, large or small.
- Quick and easy installation that can be as short as just a few hours which saves you work interruptions.
- Dam It Dams portable cofferdams have unsurpassed reusability when stored safely.
- We have a full lineup of rental cofferdams or portable cofferdams for sale.
- Cofferdams can be used for a wide range of applications, from permanent dam construction to temporary water storage.
If you want to learn more about how a portable cofferdam in Florida can work for you, don’t hesitate to contact us here at Dam-It-Dams. We have over two decades’ worth of experience providing portable water-filled cofferdams for successful projects throughout the United States. To get in contact with us, call us at 810-695-1695, or contact us through our online contact form.