Often, dams are meant to provide a permanent solution to water intrusion issues, but many times the need for a water intrusion remedy is temporary, so a temporary solution is what is required. This is when a portable dam is the perfect solution.
A portable dam can be defined as a temporary dam system with a structure designed to enable portability without any deficiencies in performance in comparison to a permanent structure. A portable water-filled cofferdam, as supplied by Dam-It-Dams, is one of the best options when it comes to a portable dam solution.
The Key Features Of A Portable Dam Are As Follows:
- A temporary portable dam solution can be purchased or rented
- A range of standard sizes plus custom sizes created by the use of connection collars
- Can be used in both static and dynamic water environments
- Suitable for any number of water intrusion, flooding protection or water storage issues
- Kind to the environment as reusable and not as disruptive as other temporary structures
These are merely the key features of a portable dam. Any aspect of a permanent dam structure can be met by a portable dam solution but on a temporary basis.
Potential Applications Of A Portable Dam:
- Rivers, lakes, ponds, canals, tidal estuaries and seashores
- Inspection and maintenance for bridges and culverts
- River walls, towpath and bank repairs and reinforcements
- Repair and restoration of outfalls and infalls
- Water control structures isolation
- Temporary water storage facilities
Installation of a portable water filled cofferdam is a simple process, made even simpler by the fact that the installation element – water – is already present at the site! The water filled portable dam can be transported to the site and then lowered into position as necessary. Water is then pumped into the internal tubes, and the portable dam will slowly inflate. Once inflated, the portable dam creates an extremely sturdy structure.
The deinstallation process is just as simple and is just a reversal of the installation process. Because a cofferdam is a temporary and portable dam solution to water intrusion issues, it can be used time and time again.
If you would like to learn more about a portable dam in the form of a water filled cofferdam as supplied by Dam-It-Dams, then we would be more than happy to speak with you today. Call us during normal business hours at any time that’s convenient for you at 1-810-695-1695 or contact us through our online contact form.