There are many reasons why you might be thinking of purchasing or renting a water inflated cofferdam. Such a device is crucial, for example, if you want to ensure a dry working site when you are working close to and directly in a source of water. While you are considering your purchase or rental, you will need to consider some of the key characteristics of water inflated cofferdams.
What Are The Key Characteristics Of Water Inflated Cofferdams?
- They can be used in a number of environments, including both standing and flowing sources of water
- They are flexible, meaning that practically any layout can be accommodated
- They are sturdy and not subject to corrosion unlike steel cofferdams
- They are easy to install, and installation is much swifter than alternative solutions
- They are kinder to the environment as their installation creates little impact to the local area and they leave the subsurface undisturbed
- They are much more cost-effective than alternatives as they are completely reusable
How A Water Inflated Cofferdam Is Used
In basic terms, a water inflated cofferdam is designed to be a temporary enclosure that is used to dam, divert or dewater an area in order to create a dry, water-free environment. Water inflated cofferdams can also be used to create temporary water storage facilities too.
The water that is already on site is used to inflate the cofferdam, once it has been placed into position. This creates a sturdy, self-contained barrier that is strong enough to withstand the pressure of thousands of gallons of water.
Other Uses Of A Water Inflated Cofferdam
Flooding is one of the worst natural disasters that homes and businesses can ever experience. Having protection from flooding in place is crucial in areas where flooding is a potential problem, and water-filled cofferdams are an ideal solution as they can be deployed quickly, as soon as a flooding alert is issued.
Water inflated cofferdams can also be used to contain a hazardous contamination spill. Any area of water that has been contaminated can be quickly contained with the deployment of a water inflated cofferdam, preventing the contamination from spreading and accelerating.
If you want to learn more about water inflated cofferdams, then the people at Dam-It-Dams are exactly who you need to be speaking to, as we have over two decades worth of experience in the water inflated cofferdam industry. Contact us today at 1-810-694-1695 or use our online cofferdam quote form.