Two of the most common ways to provide flood protection for an area are typically inflatable cofferdams or sandbags. At Dam-It-Dams we help our clients from all over the world install highly durable water inflated cofferdams which offer a number of benefits compared to sandbags.
Common Problems Using Sandbags for Dewatering
While sandbags may be one of the first items you think of when it comes to dewatering an area, there are a number of limitations that you need to keep in mind, a few of which include:
- They Are Not Watertight – While sandbags can obviously slow the flow of water, they’re not watertight, which can cause problems, especially if you’re looking to dewater an area for an extended period of time, or if you’re attempting to use sandbags for flood protection.
- Installation is Time Consuming – Sandbags are heavy, awkward to carry and extremely time consuming to put in place.
- Disposal Issues – Once sandbags have been used, they quickly become contaminated and may even require Hazmat procedures to be followed to ensure they are disposed of properly.
Water Inflated Cofferdams Offer Another Option for Dewatering an Area
At Dam-It-Dams, we manufacture water inflatable cofferdams, which offer a number of key benefits when compared to traditional sandbags. A few of these include:
- Water Tight – Thanks to our unique connection collar, our inflatable cofferdams allow you to more efficiently dewater an area. In addition, you can extend our cofferdams to any length.
- Easy Installation – Our portable cofferdams can be easily maneuvered and installed, and filled with water. This allows our clients to use less manpower than manually laying large numbers of sandbags.
- Environmentally Friendly – Our water inflated cofferdams are not disruptive to an area and when you’re finished using them you can simply drain the water and roll them up to be used again.
- Highly Durable – Our water inflated cofferdams are not only environmentally friendly, but they’re also highly durable as well. They’re made from high quality geo-textile materials which make them puncture resistant, yet fairly lightweight to improve their portability.
Say Goodbye to Sandbags – Choose Water Inflated Cofferdams Today!
As you can see, sandbags once had their place, but now if you’re looking to dewater an area, or provide flood protection of any kind, you can’t go wrong with water inflated cofferdams from Dam-It-Dams. Give us a call today at 810-695-1695 for a free initial consultation.