When it comes to cofferdams, you typically have two options: water filled cofferdams or steel built dams. At Dam-It-Dams we’re big fans of water filled dams, for a number of reasons, a few of which we’ll outline in this blog post.
Why Choose Water Filled Cofferdams Instead of Steel Built Dams?
There are a whole host of reasons why we think water filled cofferdams are more advantageous compared to their steel built counterparts. A few of these key reasons include:
- Faster Installation – Steel built dams can take months to build, whereas water filled cofferdams can be constructed in just a few hours.
- Less Expensive – Because water filled dams can be built faster, it means less labor which helps to significantly cut down on costs.
- Portable – Water filled cofferdams are completely portable meaning that they can be used on one project, disassembled and stored to be used in the future. This means that your investment in water filled dams is something that will benefit you now as well as into the future.
- Connection Collar – Water filled dams from Dam-It-Dams use a connection collar, which is very user friendly and allows you to create an almost unlimited sized cofferdam based on your needs. This connection collar also cuts down on leaks compared to other models which simply overlap their cofferdams.
- Environmentally Friendly – Our cofferdams are extremely environmentally friendly which means they will cause very little disturbance to an area once they’ve been removed.
Applications for Water Filled Cofferdams
Water filled cofferdams can be used in a wide array of different applications, a few of which include:
- Water Storage
- Flood Protection
- Concrete Construction
- Sewage Treatment Facilities
- Sewage or Contaminant Cleanup
- Water Barriers for Construction
- Dock Installation
- Bridge Repair
- Gas Line Repair
- Many more…
Importance of Consulting Services from Dam-It-Dams
When you purchase a water filled cofferdam from Dam-It-Dams, you’re not only purchasing a high quality dam system, but you’re also gaining access to our team of experienced consultants. Whether you simply want to purchase or rent one of our cofferdams, or you’d like to lean on our expertise during installation, we’re happy to help. We can send some of our personnel out to your location to oversee the entire installation process to ensure the water filled cofferdams are installed properly. This way your team will hopefully be able to handle the installation on their own in the future.
Call Dam-It-Dams Today at 810-695-1695 for a Free Quote
To get a free quote on a water filled dam, don’t hesitate to reach out to Dam-It-Dams today by phone at 810-695-1695 or fill out our online quote form to get the ball rolling!