Florida is the leading state for hurricanes and suffers the most from storm flooding, with almost 35% of all properties in flood zones. Furthermore, the chance of flooding is growing year-over-year, with changes in the climate increasing the chances of hurricanes and severe weather along the East Coast. For regular residents and construction companies, damming options are becoming increasingly relevant. Inflatable cofferdams are the peak in damming options to battle flooding and water intrusion. Read on below to see how an inflatable cofferdam can serve Florida residents.
Benefits Of Inflatable Cofferdams Over Traditional Damming Methods
- Quick Set Up And Takedown: Inflatable cofferdams don’t require specialized skills or equipment to erect and deconstruct. Teams as small as three people can set up an inflatable cofferdam in a few hours with similar takedown times once the cofferdam is deflated.
- Ecologically Friendly Options: Regular cofferdams require breaking ground, drilling, or concrete barriers to be constructed. Inflatable cofferdams leave a small footprint and sit atop sediment rather than destroy the riverbed or bay floor. Additionally, temporary cofferdams do not leak potentially harmful chemicals, keeping your watersheds clean and marine life safe.
- Incredible Durability And Versatility: While an inflatable cofferdam may look like large inflated tarpaulins, they are much more durable than you imagine. Dam-It-Dams inflatable cofferdams are puncture resistant, and thanks to the heavy weight of the water used to hold them in place, they are unlikely to be moved by anything.
- Expandable And Interchangeable: When you install an inflatable cofferdam, it is not limited in its construction. They can be linked together and create a large dam spanning the entire length of a riverway or bay area.
- Fantastic Portability: Inflatable cofferdams are reusable in several scenarios and can be moved from job site to job site. When you purchase an inflatable cofferdam from Dam-It-Dams, it can be used numerous times and provide damming options for you indefinitely.
The Multitude Of Uses For Inflatable Cofferdams For Construction Projects And Flooding Prevention In Florida
- Construction Operations: Inflatable cofferdams are essential for construction projects on or near waterways and the coastline. Rather than requiring significant construction times like traditional cofferdams, temporary dams from Dam-It-Dams are quick to set up and take down in almost any construction project. Types of construction projects that can benefit the most from an inflatable cofferdam include bridge repair and construction, dredging operations, boat ramp construction, canal creation, pipeline installation and repair, and any type of riverside or shoreline construction.
- Unsurpassed Flooding Prevention: The most notable use of inflatable cofferdams for Florida residents is to prevent and mitigate flooding from severe storms. Their quick setup allows for rapid response to changing weather conditions, and the heavyweight and tethers provide protection that can be quickly disassembled when the storm passes.
- Shoreline Restoration And Ecological Recovery Operations: The minimal ecological impact of cofferdams can help reduce shoreline erosion and restoration. They can prevent damage to shoreline plants as they grow and lessen the stress of oceanic currents that can slowly devastate Florida’s beautiful coastline.
Furthermore, there are several other uses for inflatable cofferdams, all of which you can learn from checking out the Dam-It-Dams blog or calling us today.
Get Your Free Cofferdam Quote From Dam-It-Dams
The team at Dam-It-Dams are your experts for inflatable cofferdams. We have cofferdams ready for rent or purchase and can tailor our services to any size project or property. Call us today at 810-695-1695 for a free cofferdam quote today.