Michigan has more private drinking water wells than any state in the nation, with almost half of all people in the state drawing their drinking and washing water from groundwater sources. Further, the great lakes border over 300 miles of the state’s mainland, making for Michigan’s most beautiful natural features. However, despite all of their uses, groundwater and the lake areas can make construction difficult, lead to massive flooding, and create the need for underwater building projects. That is where an inflatable cofferdam from Dam-It-Dams can help and provide construction opportunities or relief from flooding. What are inflatable cofferdams, and how can they help with your Michigan home or construction project? Read below to learn all you need and the resources available when purchasing a new custom inflatable cofferdam from Dam-It-Dams.
What Is An Inflatable Cofferdam?
Inflatable cofferdams are temporary structures that provide water intrusion prevention for shallow to moderated depths. Dam-It-Dams temporary cofferdams utilize water filled inner baffle stabilization system to create a watertight seal to divert, block, or store water. Some of the primary uses of a cofferdam include:
- Construction projects
- Pier construction
- Pipe laying and excavation
- Platform creation
- Bridge repair and construction
- Flooding prevention
- Flash flooding response
- Storm responses
- Hurricane protection
- Rebuilding and repairing after natural disasters
- Shoreline reconstruction
What Are The Benefits Of An Inflatable Cofferdam
Dam-It-Dams inflatable cofferdams are far more effective than sandbags and other damming options.
- The Ecological Option: Inflatable cofferdams are ecologically friendly unlike traditional damming options, such as sandbags and permanent cofferdams. With a temporary cofferdam, your project will not leave a large footprint, can be easily removed, and does not leave behind dangerous residues or contaminants like other damming options.
- Quick Setup And Takedown: Rather than the days or weeks to set up sandbags or a cellular cofferdam, an inflatable cofferdam can be erected in a few hours. This quick setup makes it a perfect option for rapid response to flooding or unforeseen water intrusion in construction scenarios. Furthermore, the relative ease of deconstruction limits how long you need to prevent water flow.
- Incredible Durability: Inflatable cofferdams from Dam-It-Dams are puncture resistant and provide a safe environment for workers that rely on their durability to remain secure in potentially dangerous areas.
- Resistance To Deterioration: Sandbags can leak harmful contaminants, wood can become waterlogged, and metals can corrode. Inflatable cofferdams suffer from none of these drawbacks and are long-lasting as long as you need them to function. Additionally, temporary cofferdams are easily replaceable and adaptable to any conditions.
- Customizable To Any Situation: Whether you require a barrier for just a few inches, or several feet of water, an inflatable cofferdam can be used in numerous situations. One of the beautiful uses for temporary cofferdams is that they can be interlocked together and span wide open spaces such as vast rivers and sections of the Great Lakes.
- Budget Friendly: Many other cofferdam options can cost you an arm and a leg in construction permits, setup, material, and deconstruction costs. With an inflatable cofferdam, you can cut these costs down and keep your project afloat.
Learn More About Inflatable Cofferdams With Dam-It-Dams
Dam-It-Dams is your leader in the inflatable cofferdam industry. We offer rentals, full purchase options, and professional consultations on what size, type, and style of cofferdam suits your unique situation. Whether you are looking to protect yourself from the ever-changing and violent weather that looms on the horizon or need a stable and reliable damming option, we are here to help! To learn more, give us a call at 810-695-1695.